Forum Discussion

MichelleWu
New Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

How to set using insecure ssl in SoapUI?

When I call a request:
POST https://xxxx/users/login?username=xxx&password=xxx

The response is:
<data contentType="null" contentLength="0"><![CDATA[]]></data>

The error is:
Error getting response; javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

It is because my server doesn't have a valid SSL certificate, so can anyone tell me how to set using insecure ssl in SoapUI in order to get the right response?
Thank you in advance!
  • If your self-signed certificate is in the Windows Personal Certificate Store you need to check the "Certificate Store" checkbox in Preferences > SSL.

4 Replies

awstahl
    New Contributor
    I'm having the same problem, and the linked reference to the SSL Settings page is about as bad an answer as you can give.

Where exactly on that page does it describe how to disable host checking? Which setting, specifically, denotes that SoapUI will not refuse a connection due to a self-signed certificate on the server?

And considering SoapUI is frequently used as a dev testing tool, why in the hell would it perform strict checking in the first place?!? Who pays for a signed certificate on a dev machine?

This is seriously infuriating, and I'm ready to chuck soapui altogether...
      Nastya_Khovrina
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

If your self-signed certificate is in the Windows Personal Certificate Store you need to check the "Certificate Store" checkbox in Preferences > SSL.