Forum Discussion

koushikd
New Contributor
9 years ago

How to restore the deleted test suite from Ready API 1.5.0 composite project

I have created a Ready API composite project using 1.5.0. It contained last number of test suites and test cases and I save the Ready API project as composite project. Today I accidentally deleted the test suite that conatined last number of test cases from Ready API  and unable to restore it. Is there any way to restore the test suite ? It tooks lot of effort for me to build the test cases. Since Ready API composite project are not saved as .xml file instead each test cases is saved as xml with the test suite folder hence I can't find the entire test suite folder. Please help.

Thanks,

Koushik 

3 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

Sadly, if you did not enable SoapUI autobackups or did not have this pushed to a versioning project, then they are gone. I've ran into this a LOT due to how focus works when trying to delete in SoapUI NG Pro. I've had to make sure, in preferences, that I have SoapUI saving autobackups every time it saves, and I routinely save my project and push it to our local GitLab server.

If you don't have those, the Test cases/steps are gone I think.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      Just to add what groovyguy mentioned, it is a practice in software development that all the project artifacts are available under a repository like cvs, svn, git etc. And this kind of soapui projects are no exception and keep it under version control so that you can leverage the benefits.
      Apart from it, SOAPUI NG has also have plug-ins for some VCS with in the tool. So try adopting the same for future.
      Having said, if you did not have them in place already(from description), I am afraid that you can recover your unwanted changes.
        groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

To be fair, I think this is a feature that needs to be fixed within SoapUI NG Pro. Lately, whenever I am trying to delete a test step or test case, sometimes the focus changes and I end up deleting my entire test suite like the original poster did. This means I have to roll back to my latest backup and/or commit.

SoapUI Pro 5.1.2 never did this. It seems a new bug in NG Pro/Ready API. It happens roughly 1/4th of the time that I try to delete something. SoapUI NG Pro deletes the wrong level and ends up wiping out my entire project. Not good.