cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve the same parameter in both path and header

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

How to resolve the same parameter in both path and header

The swagger(.json) defined a parameter with the same name in header and path, as a result, Only one (parameter in metaHeader) is available, and then missing in path. We knew that ReadyAPI is not allowed to the same parameter in properties. Do you know an alternative solution for that?

For example:

"parameters": [

{

"name": "IDCard",

"in": "path",

"required": true,

"format": "int64"

},

{

"name": "IDCard",

"in": "header",

"required": false,

"description": "MetaHeader.IDCard",

"format": "string"

}

]

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi @aaronpliu,

You can add your Header parameter as a header in the "Headers" tab(screenshot [https://www.screencast.com/t/HCObNcEuuAJ]).

Kirill Zakharov
Customer Care Team

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

, I know would add the same property in "Headers" tab. However, all of properties are shown in "Request" tab with different "Style", ie: Template (for path), Header (for header), Query (for parameter). I mean when you import swagger, the same property will only show one in this tab since there are 2 the same properties in source definition. I can manually add header parameter in "Headers" tab, but it's not proper to update every time, especially path parameter filled with variable.

is there any way to display all Header parameters in "Headers" tab, not in "Request" table?

Thanks in advance

/Aaron

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
TechCorner Leaderboard
Want a fun and easy way to learn ReadyAPI and show off your skills? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get a full Raw JMS request

Participate!

Compare an expected JSON value and actual response in Events

Participate!

Fetch value/data from JSON response using Groovy Script

See replies!

Get data from Petstore and add it to Excel sheets

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors