Forum Discussion

PrathapR
Frequent Contributor
4 years ago

How to load properties from different sheets (Same Excel File) in Data Source step

Hi All,

I'm trying to load properties from different sheets(Same File)  in data source step but it's automatically changing sheet name for all properties, when we change for one. 

Is that as designed or do we have any other way to do that?

Thanks!

6 Replies

• PrathapR :

Could you please elaborate more your use case, as what i have understand is you want to fetch data from 2 Excel sheet in same WorkBook.

If it is your scenario then to fetch data from different sheets, you need to add different DataSource Step because each DataSource represents 1 DataSheet, so for fetching data from multiple sheets, you need to add multiple DataSource Step.

PrathapR
      Frequent Contributor

HimanshuTayal 

Thanks for response. Yes, I can do that If we have two files or two Data Source steps.

But In my scenario, I have one excel file in that I have multiple sheets, so in one Data Source step can we read multiple sheets from same file(I know we can achieve  that by creating two Data Source steps). 

Thanks!

HimanshuTayal
        Community Hero

PrathapR :

Yes you can do this, by parameterizing the Sheet Name but i didn't get why you want to read all sheets from single Data Source, could you please explain your usecase.