cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the soapui.key file path 'Users/myName/.soapui to different path?

SOLVED
New Contributor

How to change the soapui.key file path 'Users/myName/.soapui to different path?

Hi,

I'm recently bought license for ReadyAPI-1.5.0 and i installed and activated the license successfully.

But i like to change the location of soapui.key and soapui.dat file to a customized location instead of default location "users/myName/.soapui" ?

Can you please help me!  

Thanks in Advance

Soapui_Cust

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to change the soapui.key file path 'Users/myName/.soapui to different path?

Unfortunately, multiple users are not able to share a fixed license of SoapUI. A fixed license will work only for one user, for one machine.

You can purchase a second license for your colleague to use, or you can opt for a floating license.

For more information, see this doccument.

Amber
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: How to change the soapui.key file path 'Users/myName/.soapui to different path?

Hi Soapui_cust,

You shouldn’t move the files. Otherwise, you can corrupt your license. Why do you want to move them?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Contributor

Hi Tanya ,

I appreciate your quick response.

The machine which the Soapui installed is a shared machine between me and another developer. i work in the morning shift and he works in the night **bleep**.  I have installed the Soapui using my credential and activated the key. So when he login using his credential and open the soapui and it says "No valid License" . So trying to find a solution where i can move the key to a common place. So both can use their own credentials to login and work.

Thanks for your time and waiting to hear from you.

Regards

Soapui_Cust

Unfortunately, multiple users are not able to share a fixed license of SoapUI. A fixed license will work only for one user, for one machine.

You can purchase a second license for your colleague to use, or you can opt for a floating license.

For more information, see this doccument.

Amber
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors