cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default encoding to UTF-8 for entire application in SoapUI NG Pro in ReadyAPI1.6.0

SOLVED
Highlighted

How to change default encoding to UTF-8 for entire application in SoapUI NG Pro in ReadyAPI1.6.0

I want to change the encoding to UTF-8 for all my tests in SOAP UI NG Pro. I am using readyAPI v1.6.0. 

I know that it can be changed in the properties field in the lower left corner of the SoapUI window, by changing the encoding for each individual request/test step, but this going to be a lot of efforts so I would like to know if there is a way of changing it for entire application.

Also, I want to know that when encoding is not explicitly set to UTF-8 or iso-8859-1, what is the default setting?? I am assuming it is Cp1252 as the the System Properties visible in Ready! API from the Help menu, shows file.encoding= Cp1252.  Is it correct??  If yes then changing this file.encoding to UTF-8 might solve my problem but then I want to know how to edit the system properties.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to change default encoding to UTF-8 for entire application in SoapUI NG Pro in ReadyAPI1.6.0

Here is the KB about this:

How to set test step encoding for all test steps?

And, here is the article about Unicode Support in ReadyAPI: 

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/best-practices/unicode-support.html

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: How to change default encoding to UTF-8 for entire application in SoapUI NG Pro in ReadyAPI1.6.0

Hi,

You change the default file encoding in SoapUI through the below mentioned path

"%SOAPUI_HOME%"\bin\SoapUI-X.0.0.vmoptions

1. Edit the above mentioned file by adding the entry as "-Dfile.encoding=UTF8" (without quotes)

2. Save the file

3. Restart the SoapUI

This is can be re-checked by Help --> System Properties --> file.encoding

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi,

I am using ReadyAPI 1.9.0-m-SNAPSHOT version. Here I am also trying to change encoding value to UTF8. But it is not reflecting inside system.properties.

You can download this version from here - 

http://smartbearsoftware.com/nightly-builds/ready-api/

Regards,

ashutosh

Highlighted

Here is the KB about this:

How to set test step encoding for all test steps?

And, here is the article about Unicode Support in ReadyAPI: 

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/best-practices/unicode-support.html

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Read the Latest News
JuneSCNJ
Top Kudoed Authors