Forum Discussion

Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to Change ReadyAPI 2.5 64 Bit to 32 Bit ?

How to Change ReadyAPI 2.5 64 Bit to 32 Bit ?

• Hey 678

I just checked the smartbear download page and it appears to give links for readyapi! In both 32bit and 64bit desktop versions.

So short answer. Download the 32bit version and save yourself a lot of hassle!

Cheers,

rich

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey 678

Im guessing you downloaded a 64bit version of readyapi! and your operating system is 32bit...is that correct?

You can't change a 64bit application to 32bit, it doesnt work like that as the underlying code uses 64bit processing rather than 32bit.

Essentially (if im guessing your situation correctly) you have 3 possible options

1. Try and get a 32bit version of readyapi! (I havent checked if smartbear are knocking 32bit versions out, although i'd be surprised if they didnt....64bit hardware and operating systems are thr principle option at moment for the latest operating systems, but older o/s's still use 32bit quite often)

2. You csn upgrade your operatinf system from 32bit to 64bit (not a great option as all the existinf installed software wont work after the upgrade

3. Run a 64bit virtual machine and install your readyapi! In the VM (not ideal if vm's arent the standard fair at work)

I think that's it for options....the other forum users might have some ideas i havent thought of, but i think ive covered off the options.

I appreciate this hasnt given you the answer you want, but at least youll be able to consider which optiom you want to go for!

Unsure if this help....

Cheers

richie
      richie
      Community Hero
      Hey 678

I just checked the smartbear download page and it appears to give links for readyapi! In both 32bit and 64bit desktop versions.

So short answer. Download the 32bit version and save yourself a lot of hassle!

Cheers,

rich