Forum Discussion

rcis
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How do you configure a iSeries Navigator (AS400) database in SoapUI NG Pro?

How do you configure the database in SoapUI NG Pro to connect with the AS400 database (iSeries Navigator?)

This is what I currently have set up - I'm looking for any suggestions/ideas.  Thanks!

Database Configuration:

Driver: IBMDB2/COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

Host:   ?? How do you find this?

Port:  389

User:  myUserName 

Password: myPassword

Database: DVCDS

I downloaded this jt400 file (jt400-full-6.0.jar) and put it in these two locations:

D:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.7.0\jre\lib\ext

D:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.7.0\bin\ext

• In Preferences > JDBC drivers, I was able to get it configured by adding the following for the driver:

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver

I then added the Connection String Template as:

jdbc:as400://<HOST:123.123.12.12>/<DB>:user=<USER>;password=<PASSWORD>;

*Note to get the IP address, open a CMD window and ping the database (i.e. ping databaseName.corp.company.com)

6 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

It is advised & right way is to copy the library under READY_API/bin/ext.

If you copy else where ( like you did), then you will lose what changes have been made to make it work and it might cause an issue if you want this to work other machines or co-workers computers.

And there are two ways to connect:

1. JDBC Request test step

2. Groovy Script test step: here you need to register the driver using below statement which documented here #10

com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.registerJdbcDriver( "your driver class" )

rcis
      New Contributor

In Preferences > JDBC drivers, I was able to get it configured by adding the following for the driver:

com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver

I then added the Connection String Template as:

jdbc:as400://<HOST:123.123.12.12>/<DB>:user=<USER>;password=<PASSWORD>;

*Note to get the IP address, open a CMD window and ping the database (i.e. ping databaseName.corp.company.com)

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

Thanks for coming back and providing the steps to get it working. I'm glad you got it figured out!

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

The host is the ip address or FQDN of the device/server/computer/etc that hosts the database. 

rcis
      New Contributor

After entering in the IP address, it still didn't like the configuration I had.  Does anyone have an example of what files they added to their ext folders along with how they configured it in SoapUI to be able to talk to their iSeries Navigator (AS400) database?

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

You are definitely on the right path. The files you need to place in the bin/ext folder are the java driver / connector jars for connecting to whatever language database is hosted on the device.