Forum Discussion

dbelanger
New Contributor
6 years ago

How do I prevent query parameters from being cleared when refactoring a REST definition?

I'm using SoapUI Pro in ReadyAPI 2.3.0.

Whenever I refactor the REST definition in my project (which uses swagger) and click the 'Update Links' button and select either 'manual' or 'overwrite' (which I need to be able to do because of the changes made to one of the endpoints/methods), all query parameter values in all my tests are cleared, breaking the tests. This applies to all tests, even ones for endpoints/methods that have no changes in the updated swagger.yaml used to refactor.

Here is an example of some query parameters with their values for one of my tests:

After refactoring, the query parameters are cleared:

This behaviour breaks so many tests that it takes me a few hours to manually go through and re-add all the values.

Is there some setting or configuration I need to make to SoapUI Pro to workaround this test breaking behaviour?

Note: When refactoring and clicking the Update Links button, I never see any 'Keep existing value' option nor any subsequent Parameters Refactoring dialog, as mentioned as the bottom of this article: https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/projects/update/refactor-rest.html

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    I am afraid if that is possible by default.

If you them, then you may need to write code accordingly.