Forum Discussion

thatsthat
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How can I see what Iteration my TestCase is on when using a DataSource Loop?

I have a test case that starts by running a JDBC/SQL query to create a DataSource. Let's say it returns 100 results.

I have a DataSourceLoop at the end of the TestCase which grabs the next set of data to pass in for each request.

I of course expect 100 test case runs.

Is there a way I can see through the ReadyApi interface which test run I am currently on?

i.e. if the test has looped through 10 records is there somewhere on screen it says 'Running Test 11' or 'On Iteration 11' or something like that?

• Hi thatsthat,

There is the tab "Transaction Log" at test case level where you can see for each iteration the used row from your datasource.

3 Replies

JoostDG
    Frequent Contributor

Hi thatsthat,

There is the tab "Transaction Log" at test case level where you can see for each iteration the used row from your datasource.

thatsthat
      Contributor

As an aside, this is all I see.

Should there be more?

i.e. it tells me the steps but not the actual iteration. Hoping to see Run 1 of 37 for example or at least the run # I am on .

JoostDG
        Frequent Contributor

Check the "log options" in the Transaction Log tab. You can choose for "only test steps containing errors" (i.e. failed steps). If you disable this you can also see the passed steps.

You can see for example the data Row of you DataSource. You can also open any test step to see the details (request & response)...