Forum Discussion

N78A
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How can I schedule the tests to run automatically one a day

Hi, 

I want to schedule automatic trigger  for soapui open source tool . Is it possible to use windows task scheduler to run the test suites automatically once a day ? 

Please have a look at my project and suggest ?

• Hey,

If you still didn't got it here is what you need to do:

1. Right click on your desktop and click on New -> Text Document;

2. Rename your file to something more descriptive while also changing the extension so something like "run_regression.bat";

3. Now right click the file and select Edit;

4. Copy and paste the following lines:

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\SmartBear\SoapUI-5.3.0\bin"
    testrunner.bat -a -f "C:\Users\luciana\Desktop\reports" "C:\Users\luciana\Desktop\DemoProject-soapui-project.xml"

* Please note that the first path is the path to your SoapUI installation folder (so mine is in C:\Program Files...)

* The second path (the one after the '-f ') tells SoapUI where to put the report files. It's important to know that SoapUI creates a file for EVERY test step you have. If you don't want your folder to get lots of file you can just skip the '-a' option and in this case SoapUI will only generate reports for failing test steps.

* The third path is the path where your SoapUI project is saved (so I have a project called 'DemoProject-soapui-project.xml' which is located on my desktop).

Ok, now you're all set. In order to get it to run automatically click on the Windows Start -> Task Scheduler -> Create Basic Task (from the right of the screen). Then just select the bat file you created and you should be good to go.

:smileyhappy:

13 Replies