Forum Discussion

lauravachon
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How can I include dependencies from an external jar file into a groovy script test step

Hello Community,

I am using the ready-api maven plugin. I have my dependency in the pom.xml. The depedency is being downloaded. My question is how can I use the classes in this jar file in a groovy test step.

I have tried using an import statement, but the script does not know where to locate the jar.

As a side note, we do not have admin rights on our local machines so I cannot install the jar file to the soapUi install directory. So, I need a way to tell SoapUi how to find the Jar file.

I pulled my code out into intelliJ and it works, but I cannot get it to work inside of soapUi.

• Within ReadyAPI, you can go to Preferences > ReadyAPI, and there is a "Custom Java libraries" section where you can point to JARs and folders, I think this may be what you're looking for. But just to clarify, you want to access classes from the readyapi-maven-plugin JAR in your Groovy scripts?

5 Replies

• Within ReadyAPI, you can go to Preferences > ReadyAPI, and there is a "Custom Java libraries" section where you can point to JARs and folders, I think this may be what you're looking for. But just to clarify, you want to access classes from the readyapi-maven-plugin JAR in your Groovy scripts?

lauravachon
      Contributor

Thank you so much. I updated that setting. The tool is able to find my class, but cannot initialize it.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class

Any ideas?

Thanks for the tip on how to specify the location of the jar file JustinM89 

JustinM89
        Contributor

Hm, unfortunately I won't be of much help here as I don't know too much about class loading, but I think the issue is with the JAR itself -- what specific class are you trying to use?