Forum Discussion

Donyates
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

How can I clone environments between projects in soapui

I need to create multiple projects for testing different aspects/products however they all use the same set of environments - integration, system, performance, pre-production etc. It would be useful to be able to add these just once at the workspace level rather than at every project or to be able to clone between projects.

• Hi,

Probably this is not the answer you were looking for but I will still give it a shot: SoapUI projects are saved as xmls files so you can just copy paste between project xmls... I tested it and it works :smileyhappy:

I don't think there is any functionality to clone environments between projects.

3 Replies

Lucian
    Community Hero

Hi,

Probably this is not the answer you were looking for but I will still give it a shot: SoapUI projects are saved as xmls files so you can just copy paste between project xmls... I tested it and it works :smileyhappy:

I don't think there is any functionality to clone environments between projects.

Donyates
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that Lucian - as you say not quite what I was hoping for but an acceptable workaround. Perhaps Smartbear will see this and add the functionality in a future release.