Forum Discussion

dief123
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

How can I change the settings so that my Projects and SoapUI windows stay saved

How can I change the settings so that my Projects and SoapUI windows stay saved each time i close and re-open ReadyAPI?

I slide the project properties down to the bottom of the column and then open the column full of Projects in order to work on each one, expanded out.  Every time i close and reopen ReadyAPI that part of the UI is set back to original settings.  I want to

have it save where I left off working the last time.

How can I save the settings?

2 Replies

Debz
    Contributor

I think the Preferences > UI option only has options to save the project files or do a backup, nothing on saving the last known layout. However, if it's just the Project Properties that's getting in your way, you can turn it off from View > Properties. Uncheck it.

You should see something like this:

The only one that will be left will be API's it's API Navigator on Views. You can do the same for other areas. For the setting, maybe you can post it in the Feature Request page if someone hasn't requested it yet. 

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Use Menu -> Preferences -> UI Settings -> Autosave interval and set the interval value. Then Menu -> Save Preferences.

The above save the project periodically.
    By the way, when you exit (either thru Menu or close button on top right), project is saved automatically, unless you choose Exit without save.