cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access an inbox and select the most recent email so that I can click on a link within

New Contributor

How can I access an inbox and select the most recent email so that I can click on a link within

Hi, any help much appreciated. As part of testing, I send an email to a customer, that customer will click a link and enter a unique code contained within the email to complete registration to our service. 

In Ready API I need to be able to access the email, click on the link (contained in gmail) and enter the code

Could someone please advise on how to add this as a step in my test suite

thankyou

4 REPLIES 4
Community Hero

Re: How can I access an inbox and select the most recent email so that I can click on a link within

hi,

there is a 'send email' test step in the pro version. Ive never used this step myself but I'd start looking at using this step and see how it goes. as i say...ive never used this myself and someone else on the forum may have a better idea how to do what you want.
i will have to do something similar in a project i'll be working on in the coming months so im definitely interested to see if this is feasible.

cheers,

richie
if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
New Contributor

Re: How can I access an inbox and select the most recent email so that I can click on a link within

Hi Richie, The send email is exactly that, simply sends an email. I have already received the email my service generates and as such need to access it and click a link from within the body of the email. I'm using Gmail and while there is an API and a guide, as usual its overcomplicated and not detailed in a step by step set up manner, unfortunatley

Community Hero

You might be able to leverage using a Selenium driver and a groovy script together. I've seen other posts here on the forums about that for testing websites. Other than that, this isn't native functionality of ReadyAPI/SoapUI. You would have to either include a manual test step describing what to do, or look up other posts about using Selenium in groovy. 

---

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped, and remember to give kudos where appropriate too!
Frequent Contributor

You will have to use selenium element to achieve this. There is a lot of support online for this so it's not too difficult. 

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video: