Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Graphql project environment

SOLVED
New Contributor

Handling Graphql project environment

Hi,

I am new to Soapui and Graphql. I started testing Graphql requests. But the project environments are not changing when I change the environments, though I saved different environments on the environment tab. I created project using 'URL'.

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Handling Graphql project environment

Thanks, looks search our own question is difficult it seems in the forum.

Anyways, found the thread.
@Shile, please refer below thread and see if you can adopt that solution to your use case.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Using-the-Environments-Override-When-The-HOST-doesn-t-...

Regards,
Rao.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Hi @nmrao 

Thanks . It's working now. Found another way, assigned URL in custom properties on the environment tab and changing the property value in teststep level in 'Request URL'. This changes url for the relevant environment when running in testcase level.

Thanks for the thread link.

Shine

6 REPLIES 6
Community Hero

Hey @Shine!

I'm not an expert with the Environments functionality in ReadyAPI!, but i spent a couple of weeks trying it out earlier in the year and i had problems. The domains did switch to the appropriate domain in my requests when once i'd setup the requests in the environments tab, but i found problems if the URI path altered as well.as the domain(server/ip address) in my requests.

Someone on this forum (that knows a lot more than i do, called @nmrao) suggested switching environments via a project level properties file...1 for each environment rather than get bogged down with the Environments functionality and i've been using this approach ever since. I'd suggest using the same.

If you still want to use the Environments functionality have you checked out https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/environments/about.html

Cheers,

Rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
Community Hero

Thank you @ricie. May be it would help to point the actual link where you got the solution would help instead of explaining again if possible, because that could have more details and context.

Regards,
Rao.
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply @richie. Can you explain how I can switch environments via project level properties file?

That might get me a solution.

Thanks

Shine

Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi yeah @Shine 

I'm just trying to find the relevant post that @nmrao answered for me - I'll find it in a little while

cheers,

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the title of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems.
Community Hero

Thanks, looks search our own question is difficult it seems in the forum.

Anyways, found the thread.
@Shile, please refer below thread and see if you can adopt that solution to your use case.
https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Pro/Using-the-Environments-Override-When-The-HOST-doesn-t-...

Regards,
Rao.

New Contributor

Hi @nmrao 

Thanks . It's working now. Found another way, assigned URL in custom properties on the environment tab and changing the property value in teststep level in 'Request URL'. This changes url for the relevant environment when running in testcase level.

Thanks for the thread link.

Shine

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors