Forum Discussion

harmancheema
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Groovy script not working in SoapUI but works in ReadyAPI

Hi,

I have a project which works in ReadyAPI v2.4.0. I want to run the project in SoapUI-5.4.0, but the groovy script to connect to Mongo fails at the first. The DB setup is the same. I'm not sure why it's failing. Any help is appreciated!!

Here's the beginning of the script:

import com.gmongo.GMongo
def mongo = new GMongo('127.0.0.1:27017');
def db = mongo.getDB('collection');

Here's the error message I get:

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script9.groovy: 1: 
unable to resolve class com.gmongo.GMongo @ line 1, column 1. import com.gmongo.GMongo
^ org.codehaus.groovy.syntax.SyntaxException:
unable to resolve class com.gmongo.GMongo @ line 1, column 1.
at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.addError(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:149)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.visitClass(ResolveVisitor.java:1225)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.startResolving(ResolveVisitor.java:178)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$11.call(CompilationUnit.java:651)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits(CompilationUnit.java:931)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:593)
at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:542)
at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:298)
at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:268)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parseClass(GroovyShell.java:694)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:706)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:742)
at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:733)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.compile(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:136)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:87)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.run(WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.java:141)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel$RunAction$1.run(GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel.java:250)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) 1 error

3 Replies

harmancheema
      Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Yes, that was exactly the problem. I figured it out as well. Once I copied the mongo jar files in the /bin/ext folder for SoapUI, my project worked. Thanks for your help!!! :-)

ekta_sriv
        New Contributor

Can you help me with the jar file used for this. I have placed beow jar in bin/ext folder but still getting error

> mongodb-driver-3.4.2

mongo-java-driver-3.4.2