Forum Discussion

Marc_Commandeur
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

Groovy compilation errors after switching from pro 2.0.2 to pro 2.5

Hi Ole,

I am happy to be able to use Groovy. We couldn't do what we do at the moment without it.

But, after downloading and using pro version 2.5 (at the moment nightly build 24-11) soapUI gives compiliation errors. It is unable to resolve classes where the Pro version 2.0.2 had no problems.

The classes are not located at the default location. I keep the classes in a project in Eclipse right next to the project that implements the other side of the SOAP interface. Using Eclipse I keep versions of the classes in CVS. So the final location the classes are stored is something like:
C:\eclipse3.2.1\workspace\\src\\
This set up gives me three advantages and worked well in 2.0.2: 1. CVS access.  2. Syntax sensitive editor.  3. All code kept together (tagging).

I do not want to acces the soapUI functionality from Eclipse. I like the soapUI GUI as it is.

Is there a new setting for Groovy to set with 2.5, am I missing something else or did I just find a bug?

Marc.

7 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Marc,

hmm.. is the script-library setting pointing at the right directory? Are you seeing in the soapui log that your classes are being loaded at startup?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Marc_Commandeur
    Occasional Contributor
    Ole,

After the errors are displayed the soapUI log tells me the (10) classes are loaded (just as 2.0.2 does). The script library seting is pointing to the src root of the classes.
    I notice that in the classes I made the imports of other classes I need from the same or other packages are giving compilation errors. It is only when I am referencing my own classes the errors occur. Other imports work fine.

Marc.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Marc,

I wonder if you could try something for me: take the groovy-all-XXX.jar file from the 2.0.2 install (in the lib folder), put it in the 2.5 lib directory, and modify the classpath in the bat/sh file to use that version instead of the newer on included with 2.5. Just to see if there have been any changes in the groovy classloaders that might be causing this...

great thanks for your help!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Marc_Commandeur
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

Just tried what you asked for and now everything works fine. No compilation errors. I'll move on to see if I can use the classes.

Thanks.

Marc.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Marc,

great, thanks a million for testing this.. now at least we have a workaround, I'll dig right in to see what could be causing this in the new jars..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi again,

Could you show the exact error-message(s) you are getting? (so I know I am reproducing the same issue..)

thanks!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Marc_Commandeur
    Occasional Contributor
    Ole,

I have your e-mail address from a previous issue. I sent you an e-mail.

Marc.