Forum Discussion

lars_pijnappel
New Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Groovy Script log.info message not shown in TestCase Log

Hello all,

I'm experiencing something weird in Ready! API 1.1.0, for which, after couple of hours digging in different forums, I'm unable to find any solution yet.

When creating a simple Groovy Script  with the following statement

log.info ("hello!")

and pressing the run-button, the result is nicely shown in the 'Log Output' panel at the bottom.

But when running the TestCase - with only one teststep containing this Groovy Script - the 'TestCase Log' at the bottom states that the Groovy Script has ran OK and the testcase finishes succesfully.

However, the specified log.info statement is not shown in this console. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

lars
  • Hi,

The output from the log.info method is in the "script log" tab that is part of the "Logs" section in Ready! API.  If you are unable to find this I can send you a screen shot.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

8 Replies

• Hi,

The output from the log.info method is in the "script log" tab that is part of the "Logs" section in Ready! API.  If you are unable to find this I can send you a screen shot.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support
      chmelvv
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot! It is really puzzle to find this Log panel ;(

pwjenkins

I'm using Groovy scripting for some tasks. I want to write some custom message into the output logs. The script will output to the Log Output panel when running the step by itself. However, I want to broadcast that log entry to the TestCase and LoadTest logs.

I'm using SoapUI 5.20 which does not have a script tab.

How do I get the script log.info("Hello world") message to appear in the TestCase and LoadTest logs? 

Thank you!

tech321
      Contributor

the log.info is not shown when using Dataloop. Any idea why?

• Hi Marcus,

Thanks for your update. I didn't notice the Logs button in the lower left corner, but have already stumbled upon these log consoles via the View menu.

lars