cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read artifact descriptor for surfire plugin during the readyapi plugin development

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Failed to read artifact descriptor for surfire plugin during the readyapi plugin development

Hi Team,

I recently planned to developing the ready api plugins.

I am facing the issue in maven install test step ,please find the below logs that i am getting in command prompt and eclipse too.

I really intersted to do the plugin development kindly help me, i am using maven 3.2.5 and jdk 1.7 tried all the ways of searching this issue and no luck so far.

Increased the surfire plugin version to 3 and that too not worked for me.Please kindly help on this issue.

F:\Users\testme\Desktop\plugin development\apache-maven-3.2.5-bin\apache-maven-
3.2.5\my-plugin>mvn clean:install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://cobalt/artifactory/repo/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-suref
ire-plugin/2.9/maven-surefire-plugin-2.9.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-surefire-plugin:2.9: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.9
 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descr
iptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:jar:2.9
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 22.346 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-06-03T18:48:47+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/123M
[ERROR] Could not find goal 'install' in plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-c
lean-plugin:2.5 among available goals clean, help -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Failed to read artifact descriptor for surfire plugin during the readyapi plugin development

You're executing it using mvn clean:install, you need to use mvn clean install

3 REPLIES 3
Super Contributor

Re: Failed to read artifact descriptor for surfire plugin during the readyapi plugin development

Contributor

You're executing it using mvn clean:install, you need to use mvn clean install

Hi all,

@sathyarajg has any of the suggested replies help you? Have you found a solution?

Olga Terentieva,
SmartBear Assistant Community Manager

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors