Forum Discussion

sathyarajg
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Failed to read artifact descriptor for surfire plugin during the readyapi plugin development

Hi Team,

I recently planned to developing the ready api plugins.

I am facing the issue in maven install test step ,please find the below logs that i am getting in command prompt and eclipse too.

I really intersted to do the plugin development kindly help me, i am using maven 3.2.5 and jdk 1.7 tried all the ways of searching this issue and no luck so far.

Increased the surfire plugin version to 3 and that too not worked for me.Please kindly help on this issue.

F:\Users\testme\Desktop\plugin development\apache-maven-3.2.5-bin\apache-maven-
3.2.5\my-plugin>mvn clean:install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading: http://cobalt/artifactory/repo/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-suref
ire-plugin/2.9/maven-surefire-plugin-2.9.pom
[WARNING] Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:mave
n-surefire-plugin:2.9: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.9
 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descr
iptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:jar:2.9
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 22.346 s
[INFO] Finished at: 2019-06-03T18:48:47+01:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 5M/123M
[ERROR] Could not find goal 'install' in plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-c
lean-plugin:2.5 among available goals clean, help -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e swit
ch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
  • You're executing it using mvn clean:install, you need to use mvn clean install

3 Replies