Forum Discussion

andrewsaunders
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Failed to initialize dashboard database / Error Reading Migration File: Found 2 files that match das

Hi

I've recently upgraded to ReadyAPI 2.4. Initially, there was an issue with the Service Pack as I'm running Windows 7. I've updated to the suggested, KB3125574.

System 

Intel Core i5-4570T CPU 2.90GHZ

64-bit

8.00 GB Ram

Windows 7

It seems upon start up there is a local DB issue. I've tried clearing out the DB folder under my user path and ensuring no other ReadyAPI instances are running.

In the logs I've seen this:

2018-06-28 13:26:56,626 ERROR [DashboardDbInitializer] Failed to initialize dashboard database
liquibase.exception.ChangeLogParseException: Error Reading Migration File: Found 2 files that match dashboard-db-changelog.xml

I've searched my ReadyAPI 4.4 install directory and cannot locate a file dashboard-db-changelog.xml. Nor could I locate it anywhere on my C drive.

I've upgraded from 2.3-snapshot. I've tried going back and have the same exception!

Any thoughts?

• I've got it working - I think there was a library conflict, possibly with the h2 jar file. I'm unsure, but previously I was dropping some unique libraries all at once into bin/ext and lib directories, which we use for our extended dependencies and I must have been overwriting or removing one or many that were necessary for the h2 db.

The issue is no longer a problem after I was more careful with this step and cherry-picked in the libraries we needed, only removing those which we've previously identified as conflicts with our custom 

8 Replies

andrewsaunders
    Occasional Contributor

yeah i though that may be the issue, i monitored the running processes have not yet seen a case where multiple are running. Also cleared down the db files just in case - still can't get past it - have raised a support incident. I'll update this feed on the result.

andrewsaunders
    Occasional Contributor

I've got it working - I think there was a library conflict, possibly with the h2 jar file. I'm unsure, but previously I was dropping some unique libraries all at once into bin/ext and lib directories, which we use for our extended dependencies and I must have been overwriting or removing one or many that were necessary for the h2 db.

The issue is no longer a problem after I was more careful with this step and cherry-picked in the libraries we needed, only removing those which we've previously identified as conflicts with our custom 

groovyguy
      Champion Level 1

Thanks for circling back to let us know you got it working and how! :) 

Lucian
    Community Hero

I would just uninstall everything and install it from scratch. Not the cleanest solution but yeah...

andrewsaunders
    Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately, I have tried uninstall and re-install and I seem to be in the same situation. I'll raise a support ticket.

thanks all

sanj
      Super Contributor

I usually have that issue when I have multiple instance of READY API running.

Try restarting after install

andrewsaunders
    Occasional Contributor

I've got it working - I think there was a library conflict, possibly with the h2 jar file. I'm unsure, but previously I was dropping some unique libraries all at once into bin/ext and lib directories, which we use for our extended dependencies and I must have been overwriting or removing one or many that were necessary for the h2 db.

The issue is no longer a problem after I was more careful with this step and cherry-picked in the libraries we needed, only removing those which we've previously identified as conflicts with our custom extensions.