Forum Discussion

nikolovmiroslav
New Contributor
11 years ago

Error getting response; null

Hello,

I have a simple WS for downloading files.
My WS work perfectly for small files, but for bigger files (200MB) there is "Error getting response; null
From server side there is no exceptions ad everything is e same for both cases".
What can be the reason?

Regards

4 Replies

• Hi Michaell,

I have done more tests and debuging and now I have a clear view of the problem.
    My server is JBossWS-CXF-stack.
    I have two services, for uploading and downloading files with attachments in WS.
    On upload everything is ok, even for a file with size 1.09GB.
    But, on download, in sopaUI i receive "Error getting response; null"
    On server side, I have a message from SpringSecurity: "[org.springframework.security.web.context.HttpSessionSecurityContextRepository] Failed to create a session, as response has been committed. Unable to store SecurityContext."
    It is caused from "java.lang.illegalstateexception cannot create a session after the response has been committed"
    I do not know, why original session is lost and it fails to get new one.
    It is very strange why upload is working, but download not.

Regards,
    Miroslav
  • Hi again,

You are right, it was OutOfMemoryError: java heap space, now I'm using soapUI-4.6.0-64bit with -Xmx4096m.
    So, downloading a large attachment(1.09GB) don't crash, but it is extremely slowly.

Why uploading of large attachment is fast and works with soapUI-32bit-normal memory settings, but there are difference on downloading the same large attachment?
    Downloading of small attachment work perfectly.
    I'm using MTom anotation on my web service. In the WSDL file content elements have type "swaRef".
    Small downloaded attachment has Content type="application/octet-stream" and Type="XOP".
    Where can be the reason for slowly speed in soapUI(some configuration issue) or in JBoss-CXF?

Regards
  • Thanks for such a fast reply! I've just checked the recent log entries and apparently there's a 500 error - it's not finding the rcp.php. I've checked the server permissions (putting it as the correct owner and making it have 644 permisions) but still can't get it to work. In another issue I saw you mention navigating to the rpc.php file itself inside the browser - if I try and go that it gives me an Access Denied error page.