Forum Discussion

lackmoo
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Error during the installation of ReadyAPI

Hi everyone, I am getting some errors when I am trying to install ReadyAPI. When I open the .exe installer file to install ReadyAPI, the installation progress bar shows and disappears after a while without any failure notices. An error log is generated in the same folder and below is the error message as attached. Has anyone encountered this error before? Thanks!

Exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: class com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.LoadResponseFileAction cannot be cast to class com.install4j.api.screens.Screen (com.install4j.runtime.beans.actions.misc.LoadResponseFileAction and com.install4j.api.screens.Screen are in unnamed module of loader 'app')
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.ScreenBeanConfig.setBean(ScreenBeanConfig.java:88)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.config.AbstractBeanConfig.finishBatch(AbstractBeanConfig.java:58)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.ContextImpl.registerScreens(ContextImpl.java:695)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.controller.Controller.start(Controller.java:83)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.runInProcess(Installer.java:58)
at com.install4j.runtime.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:45)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:567)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:85)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:94)
at com.install4j.runtime.launcher.WinLauncher.main(WinLauncher.java:25)

System properties:

java.specification.version=13
sun.cpu.isalist=amd64
sun.jnu.encoding=Cp1252
java.class.path=C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978\user.jar;C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978\user\jbcrypt-0.4.jar;C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978\user\readyapi-testengine-1.11.0.jar;C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978\user\snakeyaml-1.26.jar
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons=true
java.vm.vendor=Oracle Corporation
sun.arch.data.model=64
install4j.exeDir=C:\Users\admin\Downloads\
user.variant=
java.vendor.url=https://java.oracle.com/
install4j.systemLanguage=en
user.timezone=Asia/Shanghai
java.vm.specification.version=13
os.name=Windows 10
user.country=US
sun.boot.library.path=c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\e4ja8e2.tmp_dir1595235978\jre\bin
sun.java.command=C:\Users\admin\Downloads\ReadyAPITestEngine-x64-1.11.0.exe
jdk.debug=release
sun.cpu.endian=little
exe4j.unextractedPosition=65714376
user.home=C:\Users\admin
user.language=en
java.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.version.date=2019-10-15
java.home=c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\e4ja8e2.tmp_dir1595235978\jre
file.separator=\
java.vm.compressedOopsMode=Zero based
line.separator=

java.vm.specification.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
exe4j.moduleName=C:\Users\admin\Downloads\ReadyAPITestEngine-x64-1.11.0.exe
exe4j.tempDir=C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978
user.script=
exe4j.consoleCodepage=cp0
sun.management.compiler=HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
exe4j.isInstall4j=true
java.runtime.version=13.0.1+9
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
user.name=admin
path.separator=;
os.version=10.0
java.runtime.name=OpenJDK Runtime Environment
sun.java2d.noddraw=true
file.encoding=Cp1252
java.vm.name=OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
exe4j.semaphoreName=Local\c:_users_admin_downloads_readyapitestengine-x64-1.11.0.exe
install4j.appDir=C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\
java.vendor.url.bug=https://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/
java.io.tmpdir=C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\
java.version=13.0.1
user.dir=C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978
os.arch=amd64
java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
sun.os.patch.level=
java.library.path=C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\e4jA8E2.tmp_dir1595235978\user;C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Unified Functional Testing\bin;C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;;c:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\e4ja8e2.tmp_dir1595235978\jre\bin
java.vm.info=mixed mode
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
java.vm.version=13.0.1+9
sun.io.unicode.encoding=UnicodeLittle
java.class.version=57.0
exe4j.launchName=C:\Users\admin\Downloads\ReadyAPITestEngine-x64-1.11.0.exe

• Thank you for your reply. I have managed to resolve this issue with the help of this forum post

Basically, I went to the ReadyAPI bin folder and ran these 2 commands: 

1. set JAVA_TOOL_OPTION=

2. set _JAVA_OPTIONS=

I then ran the ReadyAPI execution file and managed to successfully open the application. 

4 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for drawing my attention to this, Himansu!

lackmoo I apologize for the late reply. Are you still facing this on that machine? It looks like this could be a Java-related bug. Please try updating the Java version and installing ReadyAPI again.

lackmoo
        Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I have managed to resolve this issue with the help of this forum post

Basically, I went to the ReadyAPI bin folder and ran these 2 commands: 

1. set JAVA_TOOL_OPTION=

2. set _JAVA_OPTIONS=

I then ran the ReadyAPI execution file and managed to successfully open the application.