Forum Discussion

alibaba82
Super Contributor
17 years ago

Error Max count

Hello,
As discussed before when running load test which causes a high number of assertions, it usually causes soapUI to run out of memory.

Would it be possible to add a feature such as 'max assertions' which would ignore all assertions after some limit has been reached. Do you think this kind of feature would prevent the heap error I typically see when doing a load run.

6 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

yes.. that could be a possibility. Another would be to add a "Discard requests" option to all LoadTest Assertions, since this is what is filling up memory. Would that be an option for you (it wouldn't allow you to view individual message-exchanges for a failed assertion any more..)?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    I would like to view a few of the error messages. Its just that viewing a thousand of the same error message does not add any significant information for debugging. so maybe a max count for each assertion would be helpful.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

ok.. how about implementing this setting ("max assertions") to keep the last X assertions.. ie if set to 100, the last 100 will be kept and the "older" ones discarded?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    alibaba82
    Super Contributor
    Hello Ole,
    Some suggestions about max count.
    I was hoping to configure max assertions per request in the test case. The reason is in a testcase, there are some request who assertions I am not that interested in. However assertions in some request I really need to know what happened. If you can make 'max assertions' more granular that would be great.

Thanks

Ali
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Ali,

definitely, this was just an initial fix to at least have some kind of "safety-net" during long-running tests..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com