cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasource connections and switching environments

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Datasource connections and switching environments

Hi, I have just started working with SOAPUI NG. I have successfully set up a project and testsuites with authorizations, database connections and environments and everything is working perfectly when I switch environments except for one thing: there doesn't seem to be a relation between environments and database datasource connections.  

I have several Testsuites with a database datasource, in a project with multiple test environments. I would assume (or hope) the database datasource connection switches to the corresponding DB when I switch environments too, but this isn't the case. I have to change it manually for each Testsuite every time I switch environments. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Datasource connections and switching environments

I ended up using environment properties because I saw some funky stuff going on with DB connections and environments as well.

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-NG/Databases-for-Environments-JDBC-Driver-Connection-Strin...

Hopefully that helps.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I've set it up using your instruction: I've made a DB connection that is using the properties. Although the connection tests work, the Datasource in the TestSuite tells me that 'some connection settings are missing'. Smiley Sad Any idea? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Btw, the JDBC driver connection (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver) looks like this now: 

jdbc:sqlserver://${#Project#DBHost}:${#Project#DBPort};databaseName=${#Project#DBDatabase};user=${#Project#DBUsername};password=${#Project#DBPassword}

(the last one shows up as PASS_VALUE)

It works in the Database configuration screen.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Aaaaaah, I found it. I was editing the properties at project level. When I was checking the properties at environment level, I found that my freshly made DB connection had no parameters yet! 

So I added them there, and now it works. :-)