Forum Discussion

Raju_Vusirikala
Contributor
16 years ago

Customizing Reports

Hi

I am running my test cases with Template-Driven model, I am creating the test case and loop thru for each test data defined in xls file and perform the test execution. with this approach all the things are considerd as part of the Test Case, But I need consider each Test Data is one Test Case.

Could you please suggest me the best approach
1) Is any configurable option available?
2) Can I override/wrap JUnitReportCollector TestRunListener interface methods and handover the Job to SoapUI to generate report as usual?
3) Do I need to implement whole functionality by implementing listener on TestRunListener interface and report generation by own?

Thanks
Raju.

1 Reply

• Hi Again,

As I haven't got any updates for  my request on "best approach for customizing reports", I took the option #3 (listening the TestRunLister events, collect the report info and generate by own).

By some here and there info and with some assumptions i followed as below for my requirement "TestCaseName to be considered from Test Data in the report)
    1. Listening the TestRunner Events.
    2. Collecting the report information in customized JUnitReportCollector (here only modification is  test case names are refereing from testdata instead of TestCase.getName()) for afterRun and afterStep methods.
    3. invoking JUnitReportCollector save functionality in teardown event of the suite.
    4. Generate report using Ant Task "JUnitReport" from *.xml produced by save in above step.

Here html report is generated similar to SoapUIPro report with few issues.
    1. Hyperlink is missing  on count (Total,Failure,and Errors) information.
    2. Project Name is missing.

Could you please help me by providing need full information on how things to be done for my case. or atleast  provide the need full information on how to use report utilities such as
    1. com.eviware.soapui.report.JUnitReport
    2. com.eviware.soapui.report.JUnitReportCollector

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Raju.