Forum Discussion

SumitM
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Creating groovy Test Steps dynamically from setup script in SoapUI Pro.

Hello,

Is it possible to create groovy Test steps from Setup script for all underlying Test cases in a perticular test suite?

I want to add a generic groovy code Test step in each Test case. If yes, can some one please share how we can achieve this.

Thanks, SumitM

• Depending on what exactly you want to do, you could create a custom event to be run before each test case.

4 Replies

SiKing
    Community Expert

Depending on what exactly you want to do, you could create a custom event to be run before each test case.

Vallalarasu_P
    Frequent Contributor

Writing a Script to manage an Excel where the Flag (Yes/No) can decide on execution of the Test cases/Test Steps under Test Suite. 

Refer to my youtube video which I created for the same. SOAPUI Framework

SumitM
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Vallalarasu_P,

Maybe I am not very clear in my issue. Appologies from my end.

Actually I need to create groovy Test steps in my Test cases dynamically (on the go).

The Test cases I am running now, do not have a perticular function, which is needed to execute. So I need to add 

a groovy Test Step to execute some groovy codes. I can manually add the groovy Test Step in each test case and

run my test suite. But, manually adding test step is taking too much of my effort. So i was wondering that if I can 

a groovy code in my Startup script, which will in turn add groovy Test steps in all my Test cases. if this scenario is

possible, then can someone please share how to achieve this.

Thanks, 

SumitM

Vallalarasu_P
    Frequent Contributor

Adding New TestSuite
    def suite = context.testCase.testSuite.project.addNewTestSuite("AutomatedTestSuite")

Adding New TestCase
    def tc = suite.addNewTestCase("automatedTestCase")

// get a Test Step
    def project = context.testCase.testSuite.project

Defining the Test Step for the Suite,Testcase and TestStep
    def testStep = project.testSuites['TestSuiteName'].testCases['TestCaseName'].testSteps['testStepName']
    // add it to your new generated testCase
    tc.cloneStep(testStep,testStep.name + "_Copy")

Hope this helps