Forum Discussion

hbjastad
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Could not load plugin from file...caused by NullPointerException

When running SoapUI through the ready-api-maven-plugin, I see the following exception being logged:

09:18:10,996 INFO [PluginManager] Adding plugin from [C:\Users\hbj013\.soapui\plugins\ready-api-git-plugin-1.0.1.jar]

09:18:11,032 WARN [PluginManager] Could not load plugin from file [C:\Users\hbj013\.soapui\plugins\ready-jira-plugin-1.0.jar]

com.eviware.soapui.plugins.InvalidPluginException: Error loading plugin class com.smartbear.ready.plugin.jira.PluginConfig

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginLoader.a(PluginLoader.java:148)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginLoader.a(PluginLoader.java:58)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager.a(PluginManager.java:174)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager.a(PluginManager.java:170)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager$LoadPluginsTask.a(PluginManager.java:584)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager$LoadPluginsTask.compute(PluginManager.java:542)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager$LoadPluginsTask.compute(PluginManager.java:547)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager$LoadPluginsTask.compute(PluginManager.java:1)

at java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask.exec(RecursiveTask.java:94)

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:289)

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1056)

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1692)

at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:157)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.LoaderBase.a(LoaderBase.java:415)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.LoaderBase.configureAction(LoaderBase.java:410)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.LoaderBase.registerActions(LoaderBase.java:209)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.LoaderBase.loadActions(LoaderBase.java:355)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.LoaderBase.loadActions(LoaderBase.java:326)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginLoader.d(PluginLoader.java:247)

at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginLoader.a(PluginLoader.java:138)

I don't think it's causing any problems, but I'd be more comfortable if it wasn't there...

• Hello,

If you are not using the JIRA plugin on the system that you are running the Ready API maven plugin on then please delete the plugin from [C:\Users\hbj013\.soapui\plugins\ready-jira-plugin-1.0.jar.  That plugin is not intended to be ran from maven as it is for the Ready API GUI only, so deleting it should remove the warning since it will not be loaded.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

3 Replies

• Hello,

If you are not using the JIRA plugin on the system that you are running the Ready API maven plugin on then please delete the plugin from [C:\Users\hbj013\.soapui\plugins\ready-jira-plugin-1.0.jar.  That plugin is not intended to be ran from maven as it is for the Ready API GUI only, so deleting it should remove the warning since it will not be loaded.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support

hbjastad
      Contributor

Ok, I deleted all the plugins, as I don't think we're using any of them. But how did they get there in the first place - and how can I avoid them being copied there again?

Another thing I noticed was there there were 2 different versions of the git plugin - maybe the old version should be removed before copying a new one... ;-)

MarcusJ

"But how did they get there in the first place - and how can I avoid them being copied there again?"

They are bundled with the product, so when you install Ready API they are added.

"Another thing I noticed was there there were 2 different versions of the git plugin - maybe the old version should be removed before copying a new one... ;-)"

Yes, that is a good idea :smileyhappy:  I will open a feature request or improvement for the installer to detect if a different version of the plugin is present then to prompt the user and remove it if user agrees.

Regards,

Marcus

SmartBear Support