Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison of Two Property Values In Two Different Properties Steps

SOLVED
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Comparison of Two Property Values In Two Different Properties Steps

WOW! @rao Rocks!

given you as much Kudos as I can fella - thanks so much - you're script is way more complicated than mine - I never would've been able to put that together - thanks so much man!

I have 1 more question based on the content of your script.  In your example you are comparing 2 properties from 2 different Properties steps.

in the following line

def map = ['id1' : 'id2', 'name': 'name']

If I wanted to compare either more property values  (say 3 or more)  or say a single property value (like in my original script) - can you confirm the def map line in the code is the only place I'd need to edit if I wanted to to add or delete more property values for comparison?

the comment in github in the code leads me to believe that - I just wanted to make sure I understand.

Again - thanks so much - this has been annoying me for a while and will really help me out now I have a reusable method for comparison!

nice one!

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: Comparison of Two Property Values In Two Different Properties Steps

Hope you did applied the solution in your project as per the requirement.

Some times things are complicated though they appear simple, have to deal with them. 🙂
Like it was commented in the script (github version), you can have as many properties as you want to comparing by making the respective changes to "map".

Regards,
Rao.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors