Forum Discussion

jkrier
Regular Contributor
10 years ago

Command line tests do not create Data Export

I used the LoadTestRunner in order to create the command line arguments to run one of my tests and to write a Data Export report to a folder but no report is being generated.

The command that the SoapUI LoadTestRunner created is

loadtestrunner.bat -sCatalogFacade -cCatalogFacade -l"Cluster Refactor Baseline" -f"C:\Users\jkrier\Desktop\New Folder" -R"Data Extract" -F CSV -EDefault "G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\CatalogFacadeRedesign.xml"

I then used the LoadTestRunner to create a command that would create a LoadTest Report instead and it worked fine.

The command that the LoadTestRunner created to run is

loadtestrunner.bat -sCatalogFacade -cCatalogFacade -l"Cluster Refactor Baseline" -f"C:\Users\jkrier\Desktop\New Folder" -R"LoadTest Report" -F PDF -EDefault "G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\CatalogFacadeRedesign.xml"

Can you tell me why the Data Export is not created and why the LoadTest Report is?

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

You are using -R"Data Extract" This is not a report option. Try using -R"TestCase Report"

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
    Temil
    jkrier
    Regular Contributor
    Once again Temil, you have found the obvious. You're making me feel embarrassed about myself . Sorry to have wasted your time with that. I changed it to "Data Export" and it worked. I also tried TestCase Report but that generated nothing.

loadtestrunner.bat -sCatalogFacade -cCatalogFacade -l"Cluster Refactor Baseline" -f"C:\Users\jkrier\Desktop\New Folder" -R"TestCase Report" -F CSV -EDefault "G:\2 Business Operations\Deployment Operations\QA\Cluster Redesigns\Catalog Facade\CatalogFacadeRedesign.xml"

By the way, is there any way to generate a header for these when running from the command line?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Data Export is not a Report Type option. If you want to view the data in CSV format, try using the -F CSV paramater. And its a very good question actually , keep them coming.

Regards,
    Temil