Forum Discussion

Mason
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

Clone test step with Move option does not move test case.

With Nightly Build May 18th, I attempted to clone/move four test steps from one test case to another within the same suite.

Although a copy of the test step was sent to the target test case, it did not remove the test step from the original test case.  I simply disabled the four test steps in the interim

Also, and this may be related, whenever I run two of those moved test steps (the last two in the entire suite), the XML request for those steps is empty when I run them within the testsuite sequence.  However, if I run them manually, the XML request is sent.

I just have this sense that SoapUI isn't persisting the relationships within the Composite structure whenver these test steps are moved around.  Please advise and see if you can't reproduce.

In the screenshot below, you will see the four test steps that I moved.  Note the disabled original steps which were the source of the copies.  I also circled the two test cases that are sending empty requests when executed from the TestSuite level.  Again, running the step individually does send a valid request.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. thanks for the report.. exactly what action did you use to move the teststeps? Drag-and-drop? Or some menu action?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    Attachments described in order:

1)  Right-click on step, select "Clone Test Steps"

2)  Check checkbox "Moves the selected Test Step instead of Copying"

3)  Choose target Test Case from drop down menu

4)  Click Ok
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

This does indeed look like a bug, so hopefully we will have it worked out soon! Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware support