Forum Discussion

John654321
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Check whether existing batch running

Scenario 1

1) user runs testrunner.bat using command line. It takes 5 hours for the testing to complete

2) task scheduler starts a new instance of testrunner.bat

will testrunner.bat crash? Will it continue to run the user’s testrunner or will it cancel user’s run?

scenario 2 

1) userA runs testrunner.bat

2) userB runs another testrunner.bat on the same machine

what will happen?

i can’t take the risk of the testing the above scenarios on the server.

• As far as I understand, each time you run testrunner.bat it effectively runs as a separate independent instance. I do not believe that it will "detect" running instance and do anything different.

One important thing to note is that you may hit a license limit. We run our Jenkins server with a named user license and we have to throttle our builds to max two concurrent. If you try to run a third concurrent build (a third testrunner instance) it fails with an exceeded license error.

1 Reply

Radford
    Super Contributor

As far as I understand, each time you run testrunner.bat it effectively runs as a separate independent instance. I do not believe that it will "detect" running instance and do anything different.

One important thing to note is that you may hit a license limit. We run our Jenkins server with a named user license and we have to throttle our builds to max two concurrent. If you try to run a third concurrent build (a third testrunner instance) it fails with an exceeded license error.