Forum Discussion

richie
Community Hero
7 years ago

Certain Preferences Are NOT Present in Pro Version of ReadyAPI!

Hi,

I have 2 instances of licensed versions ReadyAPI! v2.1.0 on 2 separate PCs.

When I launch the Preferences on both PCs - the Preference list is different.  

On the 1st instance of the licensed ReadyAPI! I am able to update the JDBC settings accordingly (i.e. the Preference list includes an option for JDBC settings), however on the 2nd instance of the licensed version of ReadyAPI! it appears that only the preferences associated with the free (unlicensed version) are rendering in the ReadyAPI Preferences form.

Does anyone know why this is occurring?

I need to be able to tailor the JDBC config settings in both instances of ReadyAPI! - but at the moment I can only do it on one.

I have attached a .png file of my application (the instance with the missing settings) so you can see the Preference list doesn't include the additional settings.  You can also see my test steps in one of my tests includes the 'Datasource' item and I believe this proves the version of ReadyAPI! I'm using is licensed as the free version doesnt include data driven functionality - right?

Any guidance would be great!

Thanks in advance,

richie

3 Replies

richie
      Community Hero

yeah - both static licenses.

Cheers - will do,

richie

richie
        Community Hero

Hi,

SmartBear support got back to me - they stated the following:

This problem can be caused by the ReadyAPI setting file corruption (<User Folder>/soapui-settings.xml). Please try removing this file (back up it beforehand, just in case) - it should be recreated when ReadyAPI starts.

this resolved the problem

Cheers,

richie