cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certain Preferences Are NOT Present in Pro Version of ReadyAPI!

Highlighted
Community Hero

Certain Preferences Are NOT Present in Pro Version of ReadyAPI!

Hi,

I have 2 instances of licensed versions ReadyAPI! v2.1.0 on 2 separate PCs.

When I launch the Preferences on both PCs - the Preference list is different.  

On the 1st instance of the licensed ReadyAPI! I am able to update the JDBC settings accordingly (i.e. the Preference list includes an option for JDBC settings), however on the 2nd instance of the licensed version of ReadyAPI! it appears that only the preferences associated with the free (unlicensed version) are rendering in the ReadyAPI Preferences form.

Does anyone know why this is occurring?

I need to be able to tailor the JDBC config settings in both instances of ReadyAPI! - but at the moment I can only do it on one.

I have attached a .png file of my application (the instance with the missing settings) so you can see the Preference list doesn't include the additional settings.  You can also see my test steps in one of my tests includes the 'Datasource' item and I believe this proves the version of ReadyAPI! I'm using is licensed as the free version doesnt include data driven functionality - right?

Any guidance would be great!

Thanks in advance,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Certain Preferences Are NOT Present in Pro Version of ReadyAPI!

@richie

I am guessing they both are static licenses

if so then preference should be the same

reach out to support and see they can figure it out!

https://support.smartbear.com/

Highlighted
Community Hero

yeah - both static licenses.

Cheers - will do,

richie

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta
Highlighted
Community Hero

Hi,

SmartBear support got back to me - they stated the following:

This problem can be caused by the ReadyAPI setting file corruption (<User Folder>/soapui-settings.xml). Please try removing this file (back up it beforehand, just in case) - it should be recreated when ReadyAPI starts.

this resolved the problem

Cheers,

richie

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
TechCorner Leaderboard
Want a fun and easy way to learn ReadyAPI and show off your skills? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Compare an expected JSON value and actual response in Events

Participate!

Fetch value/data from JSON response using Groovy Script

See replies!

Filtering data retrieved from a DataSource

See replies!

Get data from Petstore and add it to Excel sheets

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors