Forum Discussion

marsaud
New Contributor
13 years ago

Cannot open requests with SOAP UI Pro Trial

Hello,

I have installed both SOAP UI 4.0.1, and SOAP UI Pro 4.0.1 with a trial licence.

One of my projects works correctly under SOAP UI, but when I open it in SOAP UI Pro, opening requests in the editor fails and leads to a bug reported in the attached error.log file.
The main error message is "ERROR:org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.DomImpl$NotFoundErr: RefChild is not a child of this node".

I have tried the following actions :

Recreating the projet from WSDL with SOAP UI :
_ Opening in SOAP UI -> FINE
_ Opening in SOAP UI Pro -> BUG appears.

Recreating the project form WSDL with SOAP UI Pro :
_ Opening in SOAP UI -> FINE
_ Opening in SOAP UI Pro -> BUG appears.

3 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I believe the problem is very likely related to the soapUI Pro Form editor. As a workaround, please try the following:

In soapUI Pro, open the global soapUI Preferences (Ctrl+Alt+P), and open the "soapUI Pro" tab.
    Change the "Default Request Editor" to "Source" instead of "Form".
    Close the dialog, saving the changes, and try opening a request again.

As for why this seems to be happening with the Form editor I do not know, but I will add it to our bug tracker to be investigated!

Regards,
    Dain
    SmartBear Software
    marsaud
    New Contributor
    Hi Dain,

Thanks a lot, the workaround is OK.
    I confirm that since the request is opened succesfully in source mode, the raw and outline tabs work fine, but the form tab does not display.

Thank you very much for your help.
    meysam7
    New Contributor
    Hello, I faced to similar issue and using your workaround it's resolved. it seems that the issue is still within the latest pro version as well. 5.1. do you have any feedback related to this please?

Regards,
    Meysam