Forum Discussion

Michael_Orlando
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

Can't open Groovy or Run TestCase step in Linux with 1.6 JRE

Can't edit Groovy script or Run Testcase step with 1.6 JRE.  Have to go back to JRE 1.5 JRE.  This is on RHEL 4 AS. (Haven't tried 1.6 on Windows to see if there is any similar issue).  This is with soapUI 2.0.2 professional or 2.0.2 non-professional.

Note I have no problem editing these steps using JRE 1.5, but in order to get the license processed on RHEL with the professional version I had to switch to 1.6.  (This was covered in a separate posting).

Fortunately I could load the license with 1.6 and then switch back to 1.5 to continue working.  But obviously would like to have 1.6 be usable to avoid having to switch back and forth.

This is the error I get with 1.6 JRE when either double clicking on these steps or trying to right-click to access the context menu:

(Also note this is an IBM JRE, not SUN's.  We are not permitted to use SUN's JRE in our lab without a lot of extra hassle)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.ActionListBuilder.addActions(ActionListBuilder.java:79)
        at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.ActionListBuilder.buildActions(ActionListBuilder.java:62)
        at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.ActionListBuilder.buildActions(ActionListBuilder.java:38)
        at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.AbstractModelItemTreeNode.getActions(AbstractModelItemTreeNode.java:112)
        at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.PropertiesTreeNode.getActions(PropertiesTreeNode.java:165)
        at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator$TreeKeyListener.keyPressed(Navigator.java:223)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.keyPressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:246)
        at java.awt.Component.processKeyEvent(Component.java:6012)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(JComponent.java:2812)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5831)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2071)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4426)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4256)
        at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(KeyboardFocusManager.java:1861)
        at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:710)
        at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:975)
        at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:847)
        at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.java:674)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4298)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2129)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2453)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4256)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:612)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:286)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:186)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:181)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:173)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:134)

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Michael,

thanks for your efforts and patience with this. I've added an extra NP check to the upcoming release, if you want to try it out please send me an email (ole@eviware.com) and I'll make a pre-release available to you.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Michael_Orlando
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi, Ole, I sent an email last week to you directly but haven't heard back.  Just checking that that was what you were asking for.  Thanks,
    Karen
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Karen,

thanks, sorry for not replying more promptly and helping you forward.. I'm in the middle of some refactorings so I can't publish an intermediate build currently, I'll let you know when it's available!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com