cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Requirements

Super Contributor

Business Requirements

Hello,
Most testcases are typically tied to some sort of requirements. It would be a really useful feature to have a 'requirements' tab next to the description tab. If there are rows in the this 'requirements' tab, I can list all my requirements that my testcase covers. I can also then programatically tie these requirements to testcases in Quality Center.

Thanks

Ali
10 REPLIES 10
Super Contributor

Re: Business Requirements

Hi Ali,

thanks.. could you "elaborate" on the layout of this tab? Is rows enough? Should there be only one column? etc..

regards!

/Ole
Super Contributor

I think three columns are more than enough. At least for me there is typically some requirements number (e.g. Req# 4544.33) some title (e.g valid usernames) and sometimes a summary of the requirement (e.g. user names cannot contain special characters)

Ali
Super Contributor

Also,
Please keep in mind that we should be able to any row/column via the soapUI api.

Thanks

Ali
Super Contributor

Of course!

/Ole
eviware.com
Super Contributor

Hi Ali!

Would it make sense to have this on a TestSuite level as well?

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com
Super Contributor

Now that you mention it, I think it would actually be ideal to have it at the project level.

Reason I say that is because I can have all my requirements for a project in one place. If the requirements can be imported from a xls/txt/csv file that would be awesome.

and then at the testcase level I should be able to import/map to requirements that have been defined for the project.

Ali
Super Contributor

Hi,

ok.. thanks! This is well in line with some other things we are planning.. do you see a many-to-many relationship between requirements and testcases? Or one-to-one?

regards!

/Ole
eviware.com
Super Contributor

many to many.
Super Contributor

kind of early to ask this but what is the implementation time frame for this feature.
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors