Arunsrs
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Azure DB connection through Groovy

How to connect azure db through groovy scripting

14 Replies

Arunsrs
    Occasional Contributor

Its pretty urgent , can some help me on this .

I am using soap ui and i want to connect cosmos db

richie
    Community Hero

Hi,

was there an answer to this?  I can see it's been marked as complete - but I can't see a response providing an answer?!?!

Would be good to get an answer on this post considering it's been marked as 'solved' to assist other people searching for the same thing! :)

Cheers,

richie

Arunsrs
      Occasional Contributor

No Richie, its not resolved yet .We still having issue 

richie
    Community Hero

Arunsrs

gotcha - ok - erm - as the author of the ticket - is there any way you can remove the 'solved' flag?

Currently people won't be looking at this post to try and answer it considering it's marked as 'solved'

Cheers,

richie

Arunsrs
      Occasional Contributor

I am not sure , how to mark it unresolved , if requires will create new post.Anyway i just edit teh subject.But its really urgent 

richie
    Community Hero

Hi,

ok - I can't help you with the groovy - but you don't necessarily need to use groovy to do it anyway.

if its cloud SQLServer or Windows Azure SQL - you can't use JDBC to connect to the database if its cloud (depending on the SaaS contract I believe)

I've had a quick read and you can use JDBC - see the following: https://www.cdata.com/kb/tech/cosmosdb-jdbc-dbv.rst 

You will need to download the correct .jar file drivers for the connection (you need to determine what version of cosmos your are trying to connect to) - try here https://www.cdata.com/drivers/cosmosdb/jdbc/ to pick up the driver files you need.  You need to add in the driver files to ReadyAPI!/bin/ext directory in your program files directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-2.5.0\bin\ext)

You will then need to edit the JDBC preferences adding the appropriate jdbc connection - see the photo

In the Driver field - input the following:  CosmosDBDriver/cdata.jdbc.cosmosdb.CosmosDBDriver

In the Connection field input you need to add the following:  

jdbc:cosmosdb:Server=anhohmongo.documents.azure.com;Port=10255;Database=test;User=contoso123:0Fc3IolnL123;Password=test;

One other thing - you will need to ensure the version of Java you are using for your runtime is correct relative to the .jar files you are using a device drivers for the connection.  I'm assuming you already have JRE or JDK installed.  there is a reason (that I cant remember) that may impact you - even though you just need runtime files - grab  the JDK anyway - it has an extended set - there is a reason why you should grab the JDK rather than the JRE - I just cant remember what it is.

See if that helps and hit me back,

nice one,

richie

Arunsrs
      Occasional Contributor

Hello Richie,

Azure db is non sql and DB is document type .On top i am not able to find any drived related to that .Could you please help me in this 

richie
        Community Hero

ok - first things first - ignore ReadyAPI! for now

have you got a db connection via a db interrogation tool already? i.e. have you got a connection to the db via dBvisualiser or any other DB interrogation tool?

If you can use one of those tools to hit the DB - you should be able to setup the connection in ReadyAPI! - cos ReadyAPI's connection is doing the same thing as those db interrogation tools

It shouldn't matter whether it's a NOSQL DB or not - COSMOS is a noSQL DB - but it still uses JDBC so you should be ok

cheers,

richie