Forum Discussion

Bishal
Contributor
7 years ago

Avoid/override scientific notation [E] in SOAP UI Response

Hey guys, 

how to avoid scientific notation [E] in Soapui response. So when i see the response in outline , json or xml view i am seeing the value as -4.024006591159585E-4, but i want to see value as -0.0004024006591159585. Any inputs?

4 Replies

groovyguy
    Champion Level 1

As far as I am aware, SoapUI doesn't do this sort of conversion. That may be something that is happening at the service level before the response is sent. You can try checking the RAW tab of the response and see what it looks like there. That is the actual view of the response before SoapUI applies any changes to it for pretty-print/etc.

Bishal
      Contributor

The raw tab response is actual data without conversion "-0.0004024006591159585". Is there's a way somehow we don't apply any conversion in other views as-well?  

groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

I am not sure if there's a way to actually change how SoapUI pretty prints the XML response. Unfortunately, I have not had to deal with something like that. I have had to deal with something close.

You could potentially use groovy to parse the raw response to compare values, if that is the desired outcome.