Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto update testcase

SOLVED
Contributor

Auto update testcase

Hi Experts ;-),

I'm using Ready! API 1.5.0 where I have a project with several HTTP REST Resources. For these I've move them to one TestCase and executing some tests with it went fine. Now I've made some (name)changes on Request-level in the project, and I would expect to see the changes appear automatically in the TestCase (teststep name), but that is not the case. Maybe I miss an option to update my TestCase with the changes I've made, but I can't find this one either.

It cannot be the case that I have to press "Add this REST request to a testcase" again, for the changes that I'ved made?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Auto update testcase

Changes to the request should be handled by using the Refactoring option in the projects tab.

For more information, please see this document.

Amber

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Changes to the request should be handled by using the Refactoring option in the projects tab.

For more information, please see this document.

Amber

View solution in original post

Contributor

Refactoring requires an URL of a file which is "pointing" to the updated definition. Since I've created the project manually, I don't have both of them. 

So when I make a change to (for instance) the name of the Request in the project tree, this namechange is not taken over in my TestCase. Why Not?

The only possibility I see, is to press "Add this REST request to a TestCase" in my Project and then lose all the settings I have made on the TestStep in the Testcase, because a new TestStep is added with the updated name.

Any suggestions besides Refactoring?

Unfortunately not. You would have to make those changes manually.

Amber
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors