Our client has recently bought SoapUI NG Pro licenses and is trying to migrate our test scripts which were developed with SoapUI Pro to SoapUI NG Pro.
However, when we attempt to import these projects into SoapUI NG Pro, all the Auth information are removed. If we open the raw XML project file, we still can see BasicAuthenticationTypes, outgoingWss="username", etc. for all the requests. Nonetheless, they are not being registered with SoapUI NG Pro.
We have several thousands of these requests, and it would be a duanting task to set basic authentication for such volume of requests, specially that there are dozens of authentication aliases that need to be specifically set for each request.
Is this a known problem, and is there a solution for it out there?
Another issue that we are encountering is that, even if we set these Auth's manually and save the project, they do NOT persist!!! What is going on?
Unfortunately, client had to deactivate SoapUI Pro licenses in order to install SoapUI NG Pro on a new server, therefore, we are unable to create any SoapUI Pro specific project for comparison. (the servers are locked so no application can be installed, including a trial version in case if you are wondering)
We are seeing that when we set the Auth manually, they are not retained when the project is saved and reopened. If we set the basic authentication, the requests work in the current session until project is closed and reopened, in which case, they do not retain Auth information! This is very troubling.
I just created a new project in SoapUI NG Pro, set Authorization to Basic with wssOutgoing for a request, executed the request, got an expected SOAP response, saved the project, reloaded/removed/reimported, and the Auth information does not get retained.
Is this a known bug?
I’m not familiar with this issue. Could you please check if you have reproduced it in the latest maintenance build? You can download it here: https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/readyapi/nightly-builds/
I created a new project and set a request's Auth, but upon saving, closing and reopening the project, Auth information is not retained.
This lack of retainment of information only applies to Auth. I can create enviornment entries and perform other additions which do get saved.
P.S. As I mentioned, no maintenence build or application can be installed at this point (client environment). I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.
I’ve tried to reproduce the behavior you described in Ready! API 1.5 – everything works fine on my computer. I remember a similar issue in one of the previous product version. I think you faced the same. I suggest that you consider updating your Ready! API version.
After several conversations with some of the reps, this seems to be a known internal bug to the development team which has not been resolved in Ready! API 1.5. If you attempt to create multiple username outgoing-WSS entries, and have the requests set the authorization/authentication manually or via Auth Manager (new in Ready! API but not in SoapUI Pro), it always selects the first one from the list after the project is saved and reopened/reloaded (basically, it does not retain the appropriate Authorization entry for the test suite, test case (via inheritance), or request level).
We have no other choice at this point to fall back to SoapUI Pro versions.