Forum Discussion

von_bailey
Contributor
9 years ago

Authentication not being passed to header info.

For some reason, the authentication is not being sent with my request.  The username and password are filled out in the authrization aspect (see image) but there is no authorization in the header.  What would cause this?

noPW.PNG

It worked fine last week, but suddenly stopped sending the authorizatoin info yesterday.  I've been looking for someone else having the same issue and cannot find anything.  

9 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

I've been looking for someone else having the same issue and cannot find anything.  -- quoting from query description.

That does not solve the issue, instead should be looking for solution to the problem.

Anyways, check the preferences

von_bailey
      Contributor

Not sure if you're being rude with the quote and irrelevant comment.

What exactly in "preferences" is supposed to give me any insights in how to handle this issue?

nmrao
        Champion Level 3

That(perferences) is hyper link, did you happen  to click it which lead you the helpful page?

• Are you using Ready! API/SoapUI NG? 

If so, These properties can be set globaly by doing the following:

1. Clicking on the "Projects" tab on the top left side. (This vue shows you the wisdls)

2. Click on the Auth Manager tab on the top left of the ribbon next to WSS config

3. On the Auth Manager screen click on the Auth Repository tab

4. Click on the green + button

5. Fill out the pop up window (Type and Profile name)

6. click OK

7. Now you can fill out the Username and Password as well as Pre-emptive auth (we use global)

8. Click Close

This will set the fields globally