Forum Discussion

phlegay
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Add custom property to TestStep

Hello,

When I defined a REST Test Step, I would like to have a custom property. In fact I would like to have a easy way to add requirement for each Test Step. Is it possible ?

Another possibility could be to modify the TestStep Name witth some|thing like : Test Step name | requirements ?

Better idea ? GUI method for doing that ?

Thanks

PHL

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    hi,

can you try and rephrase your question? are you talking about linking requirements to a test case? or are you talking about adding properties to a test step? what sort of custom property to your REST request? do you mean template, header, matrix or query parms on your rest step or am i totally misunderstanding what you.are looking for?

cheers,

richie
      richie
      Community Hero

aah - sorry - I've just reread your message (difficult to read on my phone rather than my laptop).

I don't see how you can add a requirement to each test step - you can add them at test case level.

the only way I can see you managing to add in some sort of requirement reference into a REST test step would be to add a custom header - say header name = 'User-Story-name" or "Interface-Design-Doc" or something like that - but I don't know if that would help in what you actually need........

someone else might have some whizzy idea though!

cheers.

richie

phlegay
        Occasional Contributor

I will run a Sopui test. Then in the teardown step, I will read the results and add them in the global comany Quality system.

In our quality system, I must link a step to a requirement. This means that I must add in Soapui Some extra information for each step that are used for the quality systme not to create the REST request.

At the project level, testcase level, we can add custom property that are readable by groovy script. So the first idea is to do the same thing at the Test Step level: adding Custom Property. But it seems that is not possible.

How to easily add extra information at the test level ?

Thanks