Forum Discussion

Mick_Dobbs
New Contributor
15 years ago

2 mock responses to the same service, 2nd gives a 500 response

I have two consecutive mock response test steps, both mocking the same service. 

The callout to the first mock response test step from my application appears to work fine, except that the asserts in the test step are not checked.

The application's callout to the second test step results in a http-500 error as follows.

BEA-382502
  OSB Service Callout action received an error response

Annuity Quotes Pipeline Pair Node
    Annuity Quotes Pipeline Pair Node_request
    Callout to AnnuityQuotesWebservice
    request-pipeline

Both mock response test steps have as their start step the case's initial test request test step that prods my application into action.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mick.

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mick,

I'll try to reproduce this.. will get back to you..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Mick,

I just created a testcase with two mockresponse steps after eachother without setting any start-step, calling them worked fine from within soapUI.. are you using the latest nightly build? Try setting the second mockresponse steps startstep property to the one before it.. !?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Mick_Dobbs
    New Contributor
    Hi Øle,
            I tried what omitting the start step but that didn't work.  (How do I get the overnight builds by the way?)

I've attached the soap_ui log, the error log and the project.

I seem to be getting a dispatch exception followed by an XML exception, unexpected end of file after null.  But I can't see anything wrong with the XML.

Hope this helps,

Mick.
    Mick_Dobbs
    New Contributor
    Hi Øle,
            There might be some link between the mock response not being schema compliant.  However making the response schema compliant only seems to sort out some of these problems.  Sadly, all too frequently the web services we have to intergrate with are not schema compliant, hence we need to test against unsatisfactory reality.

Thanks,

Mick.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi Mick,

sorry for the long delay here.. I'm still trying to reproduce this without any "luck".. could we set up an online meeting and look at this on your machine? Mail to support@eviware.com and we'll take it from there..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com