Forum Discussion

ryjohn
New Contributor
12 years ago

testRunner - via Linux command line

Hi All,

Still trying to learn my way around soapUI and looking for some help.

I have the Windows version installed on my local PC and have even been able to execute the testRunner.bat against my suite and test cases successfully.

Now I have moved on to the final destination.....my Linux Server.

I think I have the soapUI version that I need installed. Now I'm having trouble getting my testRunner.sh execution to run it seems like. So my question is, what can I do to validate the installation first off to ensure everything is functioning properly?

And any other tips or checks would be greatly appreciate if there are any.

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Have a space between parameter and value. Pls try this.
    ./testrunner.sh -s "/home/ryjohn/DAL-Prod-System-Test.xml" -r -f /home/ryjohn /home/ryjohn/DAL-soapui-project.xml
    SiKing
    Community Expert
    Could you explain "having trouble getting my testRunner.sh execution to run"?
    If you are having problems launching testRunner.sh from the GUI, there a bug in the soapui.sh script: right after SOAPUI_HOME is set, you need to cd $SOAPUI_HOME.
    HTH
    ryjohn
    New Contributor
    When I try to run testrunner.sh I'm getting the following and it just sits there without any further movement:

[ryjohn@ddctech01 bin]$./testrunner.sh -s"/home/ryjohn/DAL-Prod-System-Test.xml" -r -f/home/ryjohn /home/ryjohn/DAL-soapui-project.xml ================================
    =
    = SOAPUI_HOME = /home/ryjohn/soapui-4.0.0
    =
    ================================

What am I doing wrong? I have verified that the project is in the correction location. The DAL-Prod-System-Test.xml is a suite with the project DAL-soapui-project.xml

I appreciate any help provided.