Forum Discussion

tayfun07
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

sun.security.provider.certpath.suncertpathbuilderexception unable to find valid certification path

When i try to add a New Rest Project (wadl) to SOAP UI 5.6.0 from my Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 64 Bit operating system.

I get this error on the program. 

An error of type XmlException occured.

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: PKIX path building failed:

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

is there any solution? please help me

thanks for your kind replies.

2 Replies

jeelan
    Occasional Visitor

I am also facing same issue 5.6.0 version. 

KarelHusa
      Champion Level 3

Hi jeelan , tayfun07 ,

I assume that your remote server is using a proprietary CA (Certificate Authority) or some self-signed certificate.

In such case your SoapUI stops the SSL handshake, because the remote certificate is not trustworthy.

You need to have a truststore with certificate of that CA, including intermediary certificates if necessary. Just check the certification path of the remote certificate. 

You can set the truststore either on global level in Preferences/SSL Settings/KeyStore or on the project level, see picture bellow.

There is a feature request for an option to ignore certificate validation errors: https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Feature-Requests/An-option-to-ignore-SSL-certificate-issues/idi-p/222436

In the time being this could be done on JVM level, but setting up a keystore/truststore is more straightforward.

Best regards,

Karel