Forum Discussion

KarPa
New Contributor
17 years ago

soapUI stops with nullpointer exception and can not be restarted

Hi,

Version: 1.7.1 (on Windows, not PRO version)
RAM: 512 Mb

The soapUI crashed during import of project. Other projects have already been imported and the programs have been working for several days.

After exception, it's not possible to start again. The computer has been  restarted and soapUI has also been reinstalled. A printout is available in the command window. For some reason soapUI tries to read all the projects that were loaded then it crashed. Is it possible to avoid this and only start soapUI without loading the project?

The project have been imported on another computer with PRO version and more RAM memory without any problems.

Regards,
Kåre

PRINTOUT
------------
Configuring log4j from [jar:file:/C:/Program%20Files/eviware/soapUI-1.7.1/bin/so

apui-1.7.1.jar!/soapui-log4j.xml]

14:29:06,147 WARN  [SoapUI] Failed to load settings [soapui-settings.xml (The sy

stem cannot find the file specified)], creating new

14:29:06,422 INFO  [SoapUI] Missing folder [C:\Program Files\eviware\soapUI-1.7.

1\bin\ext] for external libraries

14:29:06,444 INFO  [WorkspaceImpl] Loading workspace from [C:\Documents and Sett

ings\linhof1\default-soapui-workspace.xml]

14:29:07,212 INFO  [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [G:\au_mobile\Solution Pack

age Development\Cingular - TODD\High Level Test\3 Feature Test\10 RetrieveOTATra

nsactionHistory\OTATransactionHistory-soapui-project.xml]

14:29:07,574 INFO  [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [G:\au_mobile\Solution Pack

age Development\Cingular - TODD\High Level Test\3 Feature Test\7 VoiceMailFeatur

eChange\OTATransactionHistory-soapui-project.xml]

14:29:07,980 INFO  [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [G:\au_mobile\Solution Pack

age Development\Cingular - TODD\High Level Test\3 Feature Test\7 VoiceMailFeatur

eChange\VoiceMailChange-soapui-project.xml]

14:29:08,100 INFO  [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [G:\au_mobile\Solution Pack

age Development\Cingular - TODD\High Level Test\3 Feature Test\9 UpdatePPI\updat

ePPI-soapui-project.xml]

14:29:08,177 INFO  [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [G:\au_mobile\Solution Pack

age Development\Cingular - TODD\High Level Test\3 Feature Test\6 PAS Feature Add

Remove\PASAddRemove-soapui-project.xml]

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.String.compareTo(Unknown Source)

at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.AbstractModelItemTreeNode$1.compare(Abs

tractModelItemTreeNode.java:223)

at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.AbstractModelItemTreeNode$1.compare(Abs

tractModelItemTreeNode.java:215)

at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Arrays.sort(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Collections.sort(Unknown Source)

at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.AbstractModelItemTreeNode.sortModelItem

s(AbstractModelItemTreeNode.java:213)

at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.AbstractModelItemTreeNode.initOrdering(

AbstractModelItemTreeNode.java:166)

at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.nodes.WorkspaceTreeNode.(Workspac

eTreeNode.java:53)

at com.eviware.soapui.model.tree.SoapUITreeModel.(SoapUITreeModel.

java:49)

at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator.buildUI(Navigator.java:66)

at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator.(Navigator.java:61)

at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.buildUI(SoapUI.java:319)

at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.show(SoapUI.java:780)

at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.startSoapUI(SoapUI.java:660)

at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.main(SoapUI.java:601)

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

hmm.. Please try removing the project entry from the "default-soapui-workspace.xml" file in your home directory before starting soapUI.

Also.. can you mail the project to me so I can see what aspect of it that is causing the out-of-memory error? (ole@eviware.com)

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    KarPa
    New Contributor
    Thanks a lot. No problems after removing the "default-soapui-workspace.xml".
    - Possible to open all projects

I should guess that it was some combinations of different factors that caused the problem and for the moment I can't repeat it.  I tried to send the project but it was to big (more than 128 kb).

Regards,
    Kåre
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Great!

please mail/post again if this happens.. I can set up a temporary ftp where you could upload the project file..

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com