Forum Discussion

uwe75
New Contributor
8 years ago

replace tag value with content from file

Hello,

I am trying to automate testing of a web service by filling in tags in my request(s) with values coming from a file. Since the "Data Source" test step is not available in SoadUI open source I am trying to implement groovy scripts as described in https://learnsoapui.wordpress.com/2012/05/19/groovy-datasource-teststep-dataloop-teststep-using-groovy-in-soapui/

This works actually quite well; I can read all values in my file and the values are written into the Property - Looper / Value field in a successive manner. However, the script does not actually update the xml of my mock request; I could not even find a statement that tries it.

I wanted to use a statement like this which should replace the content of the the tag ltNomenclature with the value read from file present in the tempValue variable:

def node = xml.'testCase'.findAll { it.name() == 'ltNomenclature' }.each{ it.replaceBody(tempValue) }

However, this is not all that is needed, xml must be defined beforehand. How can I do this to make it reference my mock request ? All examples that I found in the forums concern parsing xml from file using xmlslurper but not from within the test case suite itself.

Many thanks for any hints you could give.  Cheers, Uwe

3 Replies

uwe75
    New Contributor

Found a way; in addition to writing the desired value to a property I created a new test step of the type "Property Transfer" that injects it into the xml.

Took ages to find I lost much time trying to replace the xml content directly.

nmrao
      Champion Level 3
      You should not worry, happens for every while learning. The best thing is that It is now on your finger tips which I believe will be with you for the rest of the life.
      neham
      Occasional Visitor

uwe75 

Can you please explain in detail how to replace tag element in xml.

Actual problem statement is:

URL tag from 10 xml has to be replaced from 10 other xml through soap ui as i have to check response of each using wsdl link.

It would be very helpful if you explain looping these xml to replace element value