Forum Discussion

martintr
New Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

"Deploy as war" can't run on Weblogic,

Hi,

Used "Deploy As War" in to create a war file to run mock service on a Weblogic instance.  As soon as the landing page is hit, it fails with 500 response:

Error 500--Internal Server Error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.http.HttpClientSupport
	at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.initSettings(DefaultSoapUICore.java:373)
	at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.init(DefaultSoapUICore.java:141)
	at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.(DefaultSoapUICore.java:126)
	at com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarServlet$MockServletSoapUICore.(MockAsWarServlet.java:317)
	at com.eviware.soapui.mockaswar.MockAsWarServlet.init(MockAsWarServlet.java:71)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:240)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:337)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletInitAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:288)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
	at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java:57)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.initServletInstance(StubSecurityHelper.java:98)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.createServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:86)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.createOneInstance(StubLifecycleHelper.java:74)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.(StubLifecycleHelper.java:60)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubLifecycleHelper.(StubLifecycleHelper.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.initStubLifecycleHelper(ServletStubImpl.java:652)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:593)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:403)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:295)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:238)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3363)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3333)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
	at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java:57)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.doSecuredExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2220)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2146)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2124)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1564)
	at weblogic.servlet.provider.ContainerSupportProviderImpl$WlsRequestExecutor.run(ContainerSupportProviderImpl.java:254)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:295)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:254)

There is another post where the same is happening on Tomcat.

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/Getting-error-while-deploying-SOAP-project-as-war-in-Tomcat-7/td-p/137219 

Please advise? 

• I got this working with SoapUI 5.2 with WLS 10.3.6 on JDK7 and created some deployment descriptors and maven target to create this from the SoapUI project file. I am pretty sure you will have trouble as long as you are trying to deploy just a WAR. Once I created an EAR, it all started working. (except for loading local XML response files when running in WLS, which is why I am searching around here now)

I based my maven build off this gradle project, which is where I got the weblogic-application DD. 

https://github.com/eveoh/weblogic-soapui-mock-ear

4 Replies

jchull
    New Contributor

I got this working with SoapUI 5.2 with WLS 10.3.6 on JDK7 and created some deployment descriptors and maven target to create this from the SoapUI project file. I am pretty sure you will have trouble as long as you are trying to deploy just a WAR. Once I created an EAR, it all started working. (except for loading local XML response files when running in WLS, which is why I am searching around here now)

I based my maven build off this gradle project, which is where I got the weblogic-application DD. 

https://github.com/eveoh/weblogic-soapui-mock-ear

martintr
      New Contributor

Many thanks! It's a promising solution! 

jchull
        New Contributor

Another thing I had to do in Weblogic was to allow "Archived Get Real Path Enabled", if you click your domain name in weblogic console, then the "web" tab, it is at the bottom. That made the logo image work in the page, and I was able to access XML files to load up for responses.