Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

q.where string (query)

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

q.where string (query)

Greetings, I am working on my first ever REST API and thank you in advance for your guidance.

I am trying to locate the correct syntax for my query :  CRD_Connect=True, have tried some different things, but can't seem to get it to work.

Cheers!

Cheyenne_0-1594146067527.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero

Re: q.where string (query)

Hey @Cheyenne 

Can you just please clarify cos I cant tell whats going on with your minimal screenshot.

Is this part of querybuilder in a JDBC step?

Rather than use the GUI to build queries - just plug your SQL directly into the JDBC input field - it's a lot more straight forward.

From your screenshot - I can't tell what 'q.where' is other than this is your where clause?????

in the 'string (query)' row you have the value CRD_Connect = True

Is CRD_Connect a column in a table?  

Hold it - I just realised - the CRD_Connect =  True - is this what forms your where clause in your query?

If that's the case - then as True is a string/text value - you need to wrap the value in single quote characters - e.g. 'True'

Cheers,

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Hero

Hey @Cheyenne 

Can you just please clarify cos I cant tell whats going on with your minimal screenshot.

Is this part of querybuilder in a JDBC step?

Rather than use the GUI to build queries - just plug your SQL directly into the JDBC input field - it's a lot more straight forward.

From your screenshot - I can't tell what 'q.where' is other than this is your where clause?????

in the 'string (query)' row you have the value CRD_Connect = True

Is CRD_Connect a column in a table?  

Hold it - I just realised - the CRD_Connect =  True - is this what forms your where clause in your query?

If that's the case - then as True is a string/text value - you need to wrap the value in single quote characters - e.g. 'True'

Cheers,

rich

if this helped answer the post, could you please mark it as 'solved'? Also if you consider whether the title of your post is relevant? Perhaps if the post is solved, it might make sense to update the Subject header field of the post to something more descriptive? This will help people when searching for problems. Ta

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you SOO much Rich, you are spot on!!
This query in the Swagger REST API UI gave me the needed results.  CRD_'Connect'

Really appreciate your time!

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors