Forum Discussion

taisapi
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

message content assertions disabled

Hello.

I have been running SOAPUI 5.12 in 'courtesy' mode on my old PC for some time, after my employer decided not to continue the licence for the paid version. As some functionality was disabled, I assumed this was equivalent to the free version. It allowed me to continue creating and using Message Content assertions.

After installing SOAPUI 5.2.1 on a new PC, I find that all the message content assertions (MCA) in existing tests are now disabled and I cannot enable or create new MCA's in my tests.

Are MCA's now only available in SOAPUI NG?  

3 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Please note that project created in Pro edition can't used in Open Source edition.

Not sure if there is such assertion type in OS editon. You can give a try with a new project to if the MCA is available.
      taisapi
      Occasional Contributor

I beg to differ. I have found that a project created in Pro edition can be used in Open Source (OS) edition, or 'courtesy mode', however, certain Pro functions that were used in these two modes will be disabled. There are actually three levels of functionality: Pro, courtesy and OS. The message content assertion mentioned above appears to operate in the Pro and courtesy modes only.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Have you tried the 2nd statement that I mentioned? If that is successful, it will be helpful to you.